Paryapti means a special ability which takes in Pudgals
like food and converts them into separate kinds of energy. There are six
kinds of Paryaptis.
(1) Ahar - food
(2) Sharir- body
(3) Indriya - senses
(4) Shwasoshwas - Respiration
(5) Bhasha - language
(6) Man -Mind
Pran: (lives) 10 These are also a kind of abilitles.
(1 ) Sparsh-lndriya: The ability to feel the
sensation of touch.
(2) Ras-lndriya: The ability to taste.
(3) Ghran-lndriya: The ability to smell.
(4) Chalkshu-lndriya: The abilily to see.
(5) Shravan-lndriya: The ability to hear.
(6) Mano-bal The ability to think.
(7) Vachan-bal: The ability to speak.
(8) Kaya-bal: The ability of the body to move.
(9) Shwasoshwas: The ability to inhale and exhale
(1O) Ayushya: The duration of life.
The number of abilities and Pranas in various Jivas.
Ekendriya - those having one sense 4 4
Doindriya - those having two senses 5 6
Teindriya - those having three senses 5 7
Chaurindriya - those having four senses 5 8
Asanjni Panchendriya -those having five
senses but without a mind 5 9
Sanjni Panchendriya -those having five
senses and a mind 6 10
Lord Jineshwar has made a careful and subtle
examination of the J;vas. His vast enquiry has exer-cised itself through a
number of differences and varieties. He has classified the Jivas into 563
Human beings 303 kinds.
Heavenly beings 198 kinds.
Animals and birds 48 kinds
Those that live in hell 14 kinds
Total 563 Kinds of Jivas