(26) If he had swooning�cheda.
(27 If he had hysteria�mula.
(28) If he lost understanding�anavasthapya.
(29) If he died�parancika.
�Brh. kalp. Bha. III, 2258-62.
(30) One who maintained his livelihood
by practicing medicine and astronomy and became a servant of the king �mula.
(31) One who did not follow properly the
'vratas' due to sway of passions and thus brought shame to the
�Anga. 7, 55
(32) One of lax morals, lazy in
study and ignorant of scriptures�mula
(33) Violation of any of the
(34) Condemnation of the Tirthankara,
Ganadhara, ganins, the Agama, or samgha�parancika.
7. 56 comm.
(35) Enjoying a queen, behaving against
7, 57 comm.
(36) Using complete, new, washed, or
dyed pieces of garments for the sake of attracting women; or eating
vikritis for the above purpose; making or wearing garlands of various
materials for the above purpose, or using excellent blankets, skins of
deer, camel etc., or garments so soft cotton or gold-embroidered clothes�c.p.a.
(37) Telling stories at odd times in the
company of women�c.p.a.
(38) Indulgence in sexual intercourse by
a monk or a nun with opposite counterparts
(39) Stealing something belonging to the
member of one's own sect�anavasthapya.
�Kalp. IV, 3.
(40) Stealing something of one belonging
to other sect�anavasthappa.
(41) Striking somebody with the fist�anavasthapya.
(42) For a criminal�parancika.
(43) For a careless fellow�parancika.
(44) For a sodomite�parancika.
(1) If a monk goes to another place
either for study or sleep without the permission of the superior�cheya
(2) Staying in a residence which
contains liquor or sour barley gruel, or a vessel with cold or warm water,
or where a torch burns throughout the night�santara chew -or
(3) Not accommodating a co-religionist
when space is sufficient�c.p.u.
(4) Accepting lodging in condemned
�Nis. XVI, 29.
(5) Making a known or an unknown person
stay in 'the monastery either for a full night or for half a night�
�Nis. VIII, 12.
(6) Staying out for more than three
�Nis. X, 13.
(7) One who was attached to a particular
residence and stayed there with lax behavior�mula.
�Angd. VII, 55, comm.
(8) If a bhikkhu stayed in a place full
of seeds then � laghako masa tapasa kalena ca laghukah.
(9) �Vasaha�l.m., kalena gurukah.
(10) �Uvajjhaya�l.m., tapasa gurukah.