Fifth Minor Vow (Anu Vrat)
The fifth minor vow is to lay down limitations on property and
possessions. When will that auspicious day come in my life, when I can
take the vow to set limits on accumulations of real estate, jewelry,
garments, apparatus and instruments, food provisions, housewares,
vehicles, etc? I shall try not to accumulate possessions over and above
the limits so set. This is to be observed in three ways: personally,
asking some one to do for me, or encouraging others to do so mentally,
verbally, or physically.
There are following five major violations pertaining to this vow of
limitation of accumulations:
1. Accumulating too much open land or properties,
2. Accumulating too much gold, silver, precious jewelry, etc.,
3. Accumulating too much cash,
4. Accumulating too many vehicles, or
5. Accumulating too many housewares and equipments.
If I have indulged in any of the above acts, then may all my such sins be
dissolved. TASSA MICHCHHAMI DUKKADAM.