First Minor Vow (Anu Vrat)
The first minor vow is to refrain from violence towards all living beings. When will that auspicious day come in my life, when I would take the vow not to kill deliberately, intentionally or unknowingly, any of the mobile beings, namely those with two senses, three senses, four senses, and five senses, except those which may inflict pain to my body or my dependents? Until I can take that vow, I shall try not to hurt or kill the smallest lives, or ask anyone else to do so, or encourage those who are doing so mentally, verbally, or physically.
There are following five major violations pertaining to this vow of non-violence:
1. Confining any being inclusive of animals and birds where it could hurt them, or where there is no freedom,
2. Hitting them with sticks or by any other means,
3. Piercing nose, ear, or ampulating limbs or any part of the body,
4. Making them carry heavy load, or
5. Depriving them of food, shelter, etc.
If I have indulged in any of the above acts, then may all my such sins be dissolved. TASSA MICHCHHAMI DUKKADAM.