Some tips before making pickle:
1. It is said that pickle saves ones money and time. It can serve the unexpected guests.
2. Making pickles is also a part of an art. In gujarati it is said if Pickle is spoiled. Ones year is spoilt.
3. While buying raw mangoes take them fresh with light green in
Color. It should not have the hard seed, but should be ¾ to 1 inch in thickness.
4. When raw mangoes are chopped to pieces in the market, do not wash but clean with a cloth. If you wash with water the piece will get spoiled soon.
5. Buy gunda of medium size and with green cap.