PURE CONSCIOUSNESS (Shudda Upayoga)
159. It is, from the practical point of
view only, that the Omniscient Lord, perceives and know all; from the real
standpoint, the Omniscient perceives and knows his own soul only.
160. Just as light and heat exist
simultaneously in the sun, so it should be known that conation (Darshan) and
Knowledge (Jnana) exist simultaneously in an Omniscient soul.
161. If any one argues that really
knowledge illuminates other objects only, conation illuminates soul only, and
the soul illuminates itself and other objects: (continued).
162. If knowledge illuminates others only, then it means that
conation (which is said to know soul only) is different from knowledge; thus
it is said that conation has no concern with other objects.
163. (If) soul illuminates other (objects only), then conation
would be separate from soul, because, it has been said, that conation has no
concern with other objects.
164. From the practical point of view,
(just as) knowledge illuminates other (objects), so does conation. From
practical standpoint (just as) soul illuminates other objects, so does
165. From the real point of view, (just
as) knowledge illuminates the self (only), so does conation. From the real
standpoint (just as) soul illuminates the self (only), so does conaton (also).
166. (From the real point of view),
omniscient Lord realises the nature of the self only, but not the universe and
the Non-universe. If one argues like that, what blame can be laid upon him?
167. That knowledge, only, which knows
material and immaterial, conscious and non-conscious, the self and all (other)
substances, (is known) as direct and beyond the cognisance of the s