In accordance with this tradition, under the able leadership of Mr.
Sanghavi, the SANGH of many organisations is marching ahead. It is a
coincidence that means "Walk together, Talk together, Act with one mind"
is the theme of Jain Social Groups’ Federation. Right from his name to his
personality, Mr. Sanghavi is a true Jain leader and guide to a host of
organisations in various capacities of President, Vice-President of
professional business, educational, cultural and social organisations:
Mr. Sanghavi has played a pivotal role in spreading the movement of Jain
Social Group to the four corners of India and in the international field.
Mr. Sanghavi was elected President of Jain Social Group, Mumbai, in the
year 1975. During his tenure of seven years as President of the Jain
Social Group, Mumbai, he was instrumental in its rapid growth and
expansion. Mr. Sanghavi is the Founder President of Jain Social Groups’
Federation under whose nucleus all the groups are working. In August 1998
there are 190 groups with more than 70000 members. Under the dynamic
Leadership of Mr. Sanghavi Jain Social Groups" Federation has now become
the biggest and the only International organisation of Jains. He
galvanised activities of many institutions as :
- Founder President, Jain Social Groups’
- Founder President, Indian Vegetarian Congress,
- Founder President, Shri Mahavir Jain Vidyalaya
- Founder President, Shri Mahavir Jain Vidyalaya
- Founder President, Jetpur Praja Mandal.
- Ex-Chairman, Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Western India Regional Council.
- Ex-Chairman, Western Indian Chartered Accountants
- Ex-President, The Sales Tax Practitioners’
- Ex-President, United Jain Students’ Home Past
- Ex-President, United Youth Association.
- Ex-President, Jain Social Group, Mumbai
- Vice-President, All India Jain Swetamber,
- Vice-President, Indian Laminate Manufacurers’
- Ex-Vice President, Rajkot Jain Mitra Mandal.
Mr. Sanghavi is the Chairman-Trustee of Jain Academy
recently established for the purpose of study and research in Jainism in
various Universities and other educational institutions. He has been
successful in establishing "Jain Academy Educational & Research Centre in
Mumbai University and Sausrashtra University, Rajkot and M.S. University,
Baroda within a short time. Trusts and Foundations which flourished under
his ledership include :
- Jain Social Groups’ Federation Foundation
- Mahavir Health Foundation
- Western India Chartered Accountants Students’
- C.N. Sanghavi Charitable Trust (Chairman)
- Jain Centre Trust.
- Jain Academy (Chairman)
- Jain Social Group (Mumbai) Foundation (President)
- Panchamia Eye Hospital Trust
- Jetpur Kelvani Mandal Trus
- Sanghavi Pariwar Foundation
- United Jain Student’s Home
- Jetpur Praja Mandal Foundation (Chairman)
ANEKANTVADA is one of the basic principles of Jainism. On
account of the firm belief of Mr. Sanghavi in this basic philosophy of
Jainism, he has a broad mind. Broad vision and broad outlook. In one of
the inaugural speech delivered by him at London, he said, "While taking
care that we do not enter into secterial controversies, we have a great
role to play not only in spreading the message of Lord Mahavir but also in
propagating social, cultural and religious values. In this respect we may
be slow but steady, cautious but enlightened, liberal and progressive but
at the same time idealistic and positive. We, and particularly our younger
generation are averse to rituals and extravagance, showmanship and
exhibitionism which are generally attached to such rituals. Our primary
object is to bring all Jains on one common platform. If we are the real
disciples of Lord Mahavir, we must work on the same wave-length.
"Incidentally, Mr.Sanghavi has addressed few International interfaith
meetings and seminars on Jainism and Anekantwad. At one such International
Conference Mr. N.A. Palkhiwala had stated that the 21st Century belongs to
the Jains. It is Mr. Sanghavi’s dream that this forecast of Mr. Palkhiwala
proves to be correct. As a member of Managing Committee, Governing Council
Etc he has guided the trends of
- Bhagvan Mahavir Kalyan Kedra
- Mahavir Nirvan-2500th Mahotsav Samiti
- Bharat Jain Maha Mandal
- Shri Mahavir Jain Vidyalaya
- Bhagvan Mahavir Seva Sangh
- Mumbai Jain Yuvak Sangh, Sahayog Samiti
- Saurashtra Dasa Shrimali Bhojanalaya
- Saurashtra Dasa Shrimali Seva Sangh
- Shishu Kendra Advisory Board
- Abhivandan Trust Advisory Board
- Indian Merchants Chamber – Taxation Committee.
- The Plastic & Linoleum Export Promotion Council,
- All India Plastic Manufacturers’ Association,
Mr. Sanghavi is a self-made man with a brilliant academic
background Mr. Sanghavi started practice as a Chartered Accountant in 1952
and within a short time established a flourishing practice. There are rare
instances when a professional having good practice has changed over to
business or industry. Mr.Sanghavi on account of his enterprising nature
took a hard decision and in 1967, changed over from professional practice
to Business and Industry. Mr. Sanghavi's other Academic Excellence, and
Professional & Business Achievements and Social Recognitions are :
- Received "Jain Samaj Ratna" Award in October
- Ex-Editor : "Sales Tax Review, a Taxation
- Written a book on Taxation "Selected Sales Tax
- Chief Organiser : First All India Conference of
Sales Tax Practitioners.
- Chief Organiser : First Western India Chartered
- Ex-Editor : Shri Mahavir Jain Vidyalaya Alumni
- Contributed Papers at various Conference and
- Chairman, Reporter, Panel Speaker at various
Conferences and Seminars.
- Was appointed Special Executive Magistrate by
Government of Maharashtra
- Director of SATELLITE GROUP of Companies.
- Inaugurated several Jain Social Groups in India
and abroad was President, Chief Guest at such functions.
- Similarly Inaugurated, Presided over or was Chief
Guest at several functions of various Educational, Social,
Professional and Cultural Organisations.
- Invited to Buckingham Palace, London to present
"Jain Declaration on Nature" to H.R.H. Prince Philip.
- Session Chairman at JAINA Convention, San
- Session Chairman at JAINA Conference arranged by
Singapore Religious Society.
- Chairman, Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
Committee, United Jain Students Home.
- Co-ordinator in India for Jain Religion at the
Parliament of World’s religions at Chicago.
- Co-ordinator of Shri Mahavir Jain Vidyalaya
Platinum Jubilee Smruti Granth.
- Produced film "Home Away from Home" – History of
Shri Mahavir Jain Vidyalaya.
Widely travelled throughout the world several times for business and
Currently, Mr. Sanghavi is the Founder President of 5
organisations, has been President of another 7 organisations. Trustee of
12 Public Charitable Trusts, on the committee of another 14 organisations
- thus actively associated with about 40 Professional, Business,
Educational, Medical, Charitable Cultural and Social Organisations.
Mr. Sanghavi knows the art of making friends and influencing people. He
often quotes Samuel Johnson : "A day on which at least one new
acquaintance is not made is a day wasted".
Always smiling, informal, unassuming by nature, known for his devotion and
addication to whatever work he undertakes, a versatile personality Mr.
Sanghavi is a friend, philospher and guide to many. "To love and to be
loved in his greatest satisfation," Mr.Sanghavi.