Dr. N. Vasupal
Dr. N. Vasupal born on February 12, 1947 is the current Head of the Department of Jainology, University of Madras Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He has specialised in Jaina History, Jaina Ethics, Jaina Metaphysics Jaina Logic, Jaina Yoga
Dr. Vasupal comes with a deep rooted background in Jaina Philosophy and has done his Post-gradulation in Philosophy and acquired his Ph.D with "Jaina Darshanadalli Aatma Svarupa Mattu Ithara darshangaiondigo Taulanika Adhyayaana (in Kannada) (Conception of Soul In Jainism - A Comparative study with other Systems).
Dr. Vasupals illustrious teaching career covers the following :assignments :
1. University Of Madras, as Lecturer , from 8.4.87 to 5.12.89
2. University Of Madras, as Reader from 6.12.89 to 15.8.91
3. University Of Madras, as Reader & Head I/C. from 16.8.91 to 5.12.95
4. University Of Madras, as Professor from 6.12.95 onwards
His academic and pedantic affiliations are manifested in his staunch membership of various professional bodies :
1. Life Member of the Jain Literature Research Institute, Banglore since 1985
2. Life Member of Kannada Sahitya Parishat, Bangalore since 1997
3. Life Member of Kannada Sangha, Ayanavaram, Chennai since 1992
4. Member of Madras University-Senate, Academic Council since 1996
5. Mysore University, Examination Member since 1991
6. Karnatak University, Dharwad Examination Member since 1991
Dr. Vasupal has been active participant and associate at various Training Programmes, Seminars and conference attended at the national level and have himself been the organisor of at least 2 national events.
Dr. Vasupal is the proud recipient of Dr. A.N. Upadhye Gold Medal and the a Ph.D awarded by Mysore University.
198 Centenary Building
Madras - 600 005.
Telephone Office : 00 91 44 568778 Ext. 324.
Residence 00 91 44 617031.
Telex : 41 63376 UNOM IN
Fax : 00 91 44 566693.
E mail : Regmu @ Unimad -ernet in